Whilst we all try to take on board the fast-changing advice from the Government on how to protect ourselves and slow the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid 19), Littleton SC has set up a working group to monitor the situation and see how this is best applied to our sailing programme. The Government are positively advocating exercise and the RYA has acknowledged that sailing “individually and in small groups” is still acceptable although it cautions about the increased risk associated with access to the club house.
Full details of Littleton Sailing Club’s proposals are available here but in summary the following applies until further notice:
- Follow all government advice with regards self-isolation, hygiene and social distancing in order to protect yourself and others. This is particularly relevant to those in the higher risk categories;
- The Solo Open (5 April) and Laser Open (18 April) have been cancelled;
- We aim to provide club racing and sailing on Sunday 22 & 29 March and Saturday 4 April for any members still wishing to sail;
- The sailing programme on any given day may change at short notice to reflect the level of support available from the duty team. This could mean racing, cruising only (with a safety boat) or buddy sailing (ie without a safety boat);
- The club will continue to monitor the latest Government, NHS and RYA advice; and
- Updates will be posted on the club website and by email on Friday evening to confirm the plans for the weekend, although these could change again with no notice.
Please note that although the clubhouse will be open, the galley and the bar have both been closed for the foreseeable future and members should avoid congregating anywhere. Please bring your own food and consider changing before you travel to the club.
Rear Commodore (Sailing)